These Terms and Conditions (Terms) govern your use of this Site, as well as Scaling Up’s products and services, and form a binding contractual agreement between you and us.
These Terms constitute the entire and only agreement between you and us and supersedes all prior agreements, conduct, representations and understandings.
Scaling Up’s products and services are intended for people aged 18 and over.
Acceptance of Terms
- By accessing our Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms, which you acknowledge that you have read and understood.
- We may change all or part of these Terms at any time. If we do, the new terms and conditions will be posted on this Site. Your continued use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of any changes. If you object to any changes to the Terms, your only remedy is to immediately discontinue your use of the products and/or services.
- Any testimonials and examples within our marketing materials are not to be taken as a guarantee that you will achieve the same or similar results.
- You acknowledge and agree that Scaling Up, its directors, principals, employees and representatives are not responsible for decisions that you may make nor losses or difficulties that may arise out of any business or personal decision made by you at any time.
Results and Outcomes Disclaimer
- Scaling Up does not make any guarantees about your ability to get results or achieve any specific outcome with our ideas, information, tools, training or strategies. You acknowledge and agree there is no guarantee that you will earn any money or receive a specific outcome as a result of our ideas, information, tools, training or strategies.
- Any financial representations referenced by us on the Site, in our videos, forums or during the provision of our services are illustrative of concepts, or of published research results, and should not be considered as promises for actual or future performance.
Registering your Details
If you are a registered user or member to the TRIBE, you acknowledge and agree that:
- You are solely responsible for protection and confidentiality of any password or member identification that may be issued to or subscribed for by you from time to time (Password);
- You will not reveal (or cause to be revealed through any act or omission) your Password to any other person;
- You will immediately change your Password if it is lost or becomes known to any other person;
- You are solely responsible for all access to and use of this site via your Password, whether such access or use is by you or any other person; and
- Any information you provide to us for posting or inclusion in our Scaling Up Community, at any time, becomes our property.
When using our products and/or services, you may be given access to Facebook groups, other online or in person forums (Scaling Up Community) or events in which you may post comments, photos, messages or other material (Your Content). When posting Your Content, you agree that you will not post or otherwise publish through this Site or our Scaling Up Community any of the following:
- Content that is unlawful, fraudulent, misleading, deceitful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, offensive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Content that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful to an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability.
- Information that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s consent.
- Information that constitutes promotion or advertisement for groups, events or activities organized through competing social clubs, activity sites and internet platforms, except as otherwise expressly permitted by us.
- Any information or content that impersonates any person or entity.
- Any material, non-public information about companies without authorization to do so.
- Any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us).
By posting or otherwise publishing Your Content on our Site or the Scaling Up Community, you:
- Grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, license to use, reproduce, edit and exploit Your Content in any form and for any purpose;
- Warrant that you have the right to grant the above licenses;
- Warrant that Your Content does not breach these Terms; and
- Consent to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must also ensure that the third party also consents in the same manner.
- We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to:
- Review, modify, reformat, reject or remove Your Content that, in our opinion, violates these Terms or otherwise has the potential to harm, endanger or violate the rights of any person; and
- Monitor use of the Site, and store or disclose any information that we collect, including in order to investigate compliance with the Terms or for the purposes of any police investigation or governmental request.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
- All material on this Site, in our Scaling Up Community or otherwise delivered by us by us including (but not limited to) course content, text, graphics, information architecture and coding (Our Content), is subject to copyright. While you may browse or print Our Content for non-commercial, personal or internal business or personal use, you must obtain our prior written permission if you’d like to use or copy Our Content for any other purpose.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on our Site are the trademarks of Scaling Up.
- You agree that damages may be an inadequate remedy to a breach of these Terms and acknowledge that Scaling Up will be entitled to seek injunctive relief if such steps are necessary to prevent violations of its intellectual property rights.
Education, Training, Consultation, and Therapy Groups
For the purpose of the paragraphs below, workshops, trainings, coaching, consultation other presentations, retreats or services hosted by Scaling Up will be referred to as ‘Events’.
- Events are strictly adults only to ensure professionalism and a quiet working environment for all other attendees.
- Scaling Up reserves the right to exclude you from any Event should you, in Scaling Up’s sole determination, become disruptive.
- You understand and acknowledge that Scaling Up and/or its representatives may record any aspect of an Event (Recordings). Those Recordings may be in the form of audio, video or still photography, and those Recordings may be used in the production of marketing or other materials to be used by Scaling Up. You hereby waive any and all legal rights you may have against Scaling Up in respect of Recordings of your participation in the event and grant to Scaling Up the absolute right and permission to copyright and use, reuse and publish the Recordings where you may be depicted or included, in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or alterations from time to time, or reproductions thereof in color or otherwise, made through any medium and in any and all media now or later known, for art, advertising, trade or any other legal purpose. You also consent to the use of any printed matter in conjunction with that use.
- You waive any right that you may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products of the Recordings or any printed matter that may be used in connection with the Recordings or the use to which it may be applied.
- You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless Scaling Up from any and all liability that has or may occur in the making of the Recordings or any subsequent process or publication.
- In the unlikely event that Scaling Up cancels an Event, you will receive a full refund of the purchase price paid for the Event. Scaling Up will not reimburse any additional expenses including but not limited to flights and accommodation.
Liability is Limited
In no event will we be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, or the cost of procurement of substitute products or services arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, unauthorized use, performance or non-performance of or reliance upon this Site, or Our Content. These limitations and terms include (but are not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of:
- Reliance on the completeness, accuracy, or suitability of information irrespective of any verifying measures taken by us (including third party material and advertisements);
- Failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorized access to records;
- Accessing websites or servers maintained by other organizations through links on our Site;
- The use of financial information, failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any transaction made or attempted on our Site.
You indemnify us from all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered by you or us as a direct or indirect consequence of using or attempting to use our information, products, services or any breach by you or your agents of these Terms. We are not responsible for, and expressly disclaim all liability to the fullest extent permitted by law, for damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within our Site.
These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the the state of Nevada and the United States of America. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the state of Nevada and the United States of America to determine any matter or dispute which arises between us.
People in all stages of life are welcome here. We have community members of ages (above 18), different professionals, education level, professional training levels, socioeconomic status, race, gender, religion and with various personal goals are a part of this community.
We want people to feel safe when using our groups and forums. For that reason, we’ve developed a set of community guidelines, outlined below. These policies will help you understand what type of sharing is allowed in our private groups and communities, and what type of content may be reported to us and removed. Because of the diversity of our global community, please keep in mind that something that may be disagreeable or disturbing to you may not violate our community guidelines.
- Keep it respectful: Comments that are inappropriately negative, rude, or attacking will be deleted, removed, or we will ask you to revise your thoughts. Everyone is here to learn and grow, so anything violating that will be removed.
- No pitching to the group: We have a strict ‘no shopping for customers’ policy in our groups. This includes pointing people to blog posts with your offers/affiliate offers and publicly asking members to join your own Facebook groups or communities. Be cautious of unsolicited private messages to group members. If we get multiple complaints that you or someone else is using private messages to make unsolicited pitches to members, you may be asked to leave. You should view the group as your peers and support, not your leads.
- No gated content: Content posted in the groups cannot be used to harvest leads in any way. If you need a feedback or a review, post the direct PDF, document, or screenshot. Don’t require people to opt-in to view.
- Respect confidentiality: Content gathered in our Scaling Up Community groups cannot be collected, repackaged, and/or shared outside the group. Every member of our communities has a right to privacy and the right to feel safe that their questions, answers, and experiences remain privy to group members only.
- Keep it on topic: We reserve the right to remove posts based on off-topic content or offensive content.
- Partnering with other members: Access to this group does not mean that Scaling Up, LLC endorses anyone’s products or services. Please be cautious and do your due diligence when partnering with anyone in the group – don’t assume everyone is trustworthy.
- Report posts that are breaking group policies: Due to the large amount of people in our groups and communities, it’s sometimes difficult for us to catch everything. If you see a post that is questionable, please report it, tag our community manager in the comments, or reach out to our community manger directly via private message so our team can review them.
Breaking the Rules
If you are deemed to be breaking the rules of the group, Scaling Up, LLC reserves the right to remove you from the Facebook group that the offending behavior has occurred within.